The LPN assists RN in providing hospice care to patients as assigned.
***We are looking for a competent LPN to cover Melrose, Wakefield, Stoneham, North Reading and Reading***
1. Provides hospice nursing care to patients and families utlizing current pronciples of palliative care and symptom management to produce hospice outcomes as directed by RN.
2. Coordinates care in a cost efficient manner and collabnorates effectively with other team members.
3. Utilizes nursing processes and current standards of nursing practive in providing hospice care.
4. Communicates with physicians and VNA staff regarding changes in patient's condition.
5. Understands family dynamics and works effectively within various types of family systems.
6. Updates care plan, medication profile, and HHA treatment plan routinely and as patient condition changes.
7. Completes all nursing documentation per procedures and nursing standards of practice uncluding assessments, interventions, responses to interventions, communications, verbal orders, etc.
1. Current LPN license in MA and NH
2. Interest in end-of-life care
3. Ability to work both autonomously and as a team member
4. Strong assessment and prioritization skills
5. Homecare/Hospice experience preferred