Responsible for the effective performance of the home care aide staff, scheduling of services for patients, general office duties and special projects.
1. Call clients upon receipt of authorization to begin services.
2. Create scheduling orders for clients into the system at requested start date, not date filled.
1. Confirmation of schedules with both employee and clients for start of care and all changes.
2. Telephone orientation is provided by Scheduling Supervisor. This includes careplan review for PCH/HHA cases.
3. Contact clinician for all orientation requests of Category II skills, and as appropriate.
4. Keep client informed of all scheduling changes, before it occurs.
5. Edit scheduling changes within the workday of their occurance, hence minimal "kick-outs".
6. Inform manager of cases that cannot be filled (2-3 days for VNA; 5 days for ESMV).
7. Effectively utilize 12/12 staff that has been assigned to each Scheduling Supervisor.
8. Appropriate utilization of contract agency staff. Ensure required documents are on file.
1.Maintain an Employee book which contains documentation of employee refusals, sick calls, issues, etc.
2. Effectively deal with employee discipline issues, in coordination with Human Resources. Keep manager informed.
3. Handle staff transfers, terminations, FMLA, and LOA's appropriately.
4. Effective monitoring of field staff to ensure schedule adherence and proper work ticket documentation.
5. Coordinate and oversee Support Group Meeting for assigned team every three months.
1. Follow through with investigating events to determine cause. This refers to computer glitches, scheduling, and receipt of, or lack of requests for services; as well as dealing with discharges without notification.
2. Confer with and report to manager any problems, status of service, staffing levels, and all other concerns.
3. Keep On-Call apprised of potential scheduling problems, events, etc. Provide On-Call with updated information on a daily basis. On-Call needs to know schedules for evening and weekend coverage.